mandag 7. juli 2014

Reidar reiser snart!



The first time I heard the word "Interrail" was as a young boy watching childrens televison where this character - Reidar - was going away on vacation with his friend. He had a song made up around this trip where the word Interrail was frequently used. Not completely grasping what it was I remember it seemed exciting.

Some 30 years have passed since then and finally it's my turn to go on this mystical adventure. Of course I've known what Interrail is since long ago - I've just never gotten around to embark on a trip. The world's a huge place, and it's often those areas closest to home that ends up being least explored. At least that's been the case with me. :-)

Well - here we go - the grand trip for 2014 is about to begin! Heading out from Oslo I'll be bound for Helsinki, Finland where I'll spend the first night. The connecting flight is not until the next day, but even spending one night in a hotel over there saves me a lot of money compared to a more direct flight down south. And, I might get to catch the Germany - Brazil soccer match, or the new Transformers movie. Always something to do!

My trip (the blue line on the map above) will really start once I get to Ljubljana in Slovenia (1). From there I'll take the train to Zagreb, Croatia (2) before moving on to Sarajevo, Bosnia (3). After this I'll head down to the coast of the Adriatic sea for a while and take a bus from Ploce (4), through Dubrovnik (5) (where they shot much of the scenes in Game of Thrones), until I reach the city of Bar (6) in Montenegro. Then it's up inland again to Beograd, Serbia (7), through Pristina, Kosovo (8) and Skopje, Macedonia (9). The final route goes from Tessaloniki in Greece (10), through Sofia, Bulgaria (11) before arriving at the final destination of Bucuresti, Romania (12).

24 days, 11 countries, tons of fun! :-D

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar